- Berkshire officials on Beacon Hill voice frustration over stalemate on
supplemental budget, migrant crisis funding
Massachusetts state lawmakers were unable to agree on a new spending bill
that includes $250 million to address the state's migrant crisis...
- People, Power, and Politics
Above, Healey-Driscoll and Biden-Harris Administrations team up to assist
more than 1,000 migrants in one week at Work Authorization Clinic...
from: Franklin Observer
- Logan Airport 'not an appropriate place' for migrants arriving daily,
Massport CEO says
About 20 to 25 migrants are arriving daily at Boston's Logan Airport, the
head of the airport operator says, and some have been camping out...
from: AP News
- Families struggle as Mass. shelter waitlist grows
One week after the state created a shelter waitlist, the number of homeless
families with nowhere to go is growing.
- Shelter approach leaves Democrats divided
The separate scrums held back-to-back on opposite sides of the State House
early Thursday morning were telling. House and Senate Democrats...
from: Lowell Sun
- Springfield organization asking for help for migrant families after state
With the governor's...
from: Western Mass News
- 100K public workers still await raises due to budget delay, say unions -
Boston Business Journal
Hundreds of public employees are planning a rally at the State House Monday
to urge lawmakers to approve the $2.8 billion supplemental...
from: The Business Journals
- Massachusetts lawmakers fail to approve emergency shelter aid
BOSTON — The Massachusetts Legislature wrapped up its formal session for
the year without a deal on a $2.8 billion spending bill that...
from: Sun Journal
- Debate continues over state's emergency shelter spending
The supplemental budget didn't move on to the governor's desk this week
because of a disagreement between the House and Senate.
from: Spectrum News